-"This signals the demise of western civilization."

-"Look, it was just one misplaced apostrophe."

-"My point exactly."

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Words I'm Not Using Anymore

So this is just the beginning/rough draft of this post, but I'm publishing it in hopes that I'll get feedback from readers.

Language - our inadvertent use of phrases we don't even think about - can shape our lives and our culture. For instance, Wayne Dyer said be careful about self-talk that begins with: "I am so sick of ..." or "Such and such makes me crazy..." or "I am always exhausted..." etc.

What about culturally accepted words and phrases that could also be harming us. Sayings that contain violence, sexism, or bigotry?

Here is the beginning of my list of things that we need to never use, ever again:


...killing 2 birds with 1 stone
...I'm so hungry I could eat a horse
...spiritual warrior

No comments:

Post a Comment